Sky Lanterns are gorgeous, but care needs to be taken when launching them to ensure all goes smoothly.
And as it involves a naked flame there are safety procedures that should be followed.
Please ensure you read the instructions below (they will also be provided with your lanterns) and are familiar with them before launching your Sky Lanterns.
Things to bear in mind:
- Ensure that the wind is not stronger than 5 mph.
- Do not release within five miles of an airport.
- Ensure that trees are not in the flight path.
- Use care around dry crops.
- Always keep water or fire extinguishers nearby
- Children must not be left unattended with the Sky Lanterns.
Steps for a successful launch:
- Check wind direction.
- Ensure there are no obstacles in the way of the intended balloon flight.
- Ensure Wish Lantern is fully open and corners are not creased.
- Light the corners of the fuel.
- Hold the Sky Lantern upright and after a few seconds the Sky Lantern will feel lighter and will gradually rise.
- Do not attempt to throw it up into the air, just guide it and let it go by itself.
- Stand back and watch it float up into the sky.
- Wish Lantern accepts no responsibility for any damage or injury whatsoever caused resulting from the use of this product.
Please check with your venue as to whether or not you are allowed to release Sky Lanterns prior to purchasing as some venues do not allow them.Google+